Thursday, September 25, 2008

Annoyed in Albuquerque

Ok, so here's the 411 with Jacob's school. As most of you know I was a little worried about him going to school at Jimmy Carter Middle School. Jacob really wanted to go to JC Middle School because most of his friends are going there. So, against my "GUT" feeling we put him there. WELL, the first week of school was ok but then shortly after one of the 8th graders from the BD class (Behavior Disorder Class) started picking on him at lunch. He was calling Jacob names and thumping him on the head during passing periods. We went to the Principle of the school and she said "don't worry I'll take care of it". Well it was ok for about 2 weeks and then Jacob called me and said that same guy tried to choke him! I high tailed it over to JC Middle school and almost killed everyone in a 20 ft radius!. She again said "don't worry I'll handle it". I am just praying to God for answers what to do about this. I cant put him in another Middle school in the west side because they are not accepting any transfers right now. The other thing that makes me really mad is that he only has about 10 minuets of homework every night! Last year he had plenty of homework and the work was hard enough for him to always be learning something new. Right now he is doing work that he did in the 4th grade!!!!. I wish I was rich so I could hire Jennifer Carrillo (his teacher last year) and have her be our teacher in our mansion full of cooks and maids! SO SHOOT ME FOR DREAMING!!! Ok that's my gripe for the day!
Signing off for now,
Annoyed in Albuquerque

No comments: