Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5th Grade Continuation


Jacob had his continuation (graduation) on Friday and everything went just fine. First of all I got to the school at 7:30 am to start setting up. I had about 2 parent helpers at that time. We set up and the ceremony went just fine, Jacob looked so handsome. He got a medal for Proficient in Math and Reading. Just after the ceremony we went to the park behind the school for the party. I had about 3 parents helping at that time. We had loads of food and the kids had a good time. THANK GOD for my parents they helped set up and clean up. Half way through the principal came out and heard the DJ playing " Pour some sugar on me" by Def Leopard and hit the roof. She went over to the DJ and ripped him a new one, then turned her wrath on me and ripped me a new one for hiring him. I was able to calm her and the DJ down but It was a tense few minuets. We finished up around 3:00 and I was so drained I couldn't even speak in full sentences. Thanks again to Roxie, all her ideas were a hit at the party.

2 comments:

Highlander said...

Way to go Jacob!! God luck in the new school. I am glad everything turned out good despite annoying principals.

Unknown said...

We are so proud of Jacob! And nice job planning and carring out the graduation Amanda! You rock!