Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Time to Vent.........

Okay here it is time to let off some major steam. I'm the lead coordinator for Jacob's 5Th grade continuation (AKA graduation). I have a few parents that have volunteered to do different things like food, decorations, set up and so on. WELL I've been having a hard time getting a hold of these parents to see what they can help with. No one wants to answer my phone calls, but then I get an email from one of the parents wanting to know "what direction" things are going in? WHAT THE HECK????????????? I've been going in 40 directions looking for your butt!. Okay I'm a little frustrated. Painted Sky took about a month to just let me know what the budget is and now that we are down to the wire everyone is freaking out wanting to know "what do you need done" I feel like screaming "EVERYTHING". Why do parents think that one person can put on a party for 200 students and their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles by themselves. Here is the really bad part, Catherine Lind and Rebecca Montoya (from Girl Scouts) are the mothers that planned last years WONDERFUL party. So not only am I alone on this one and racking my brain to get things DONATED and VOLUNTEERS but I have the wonder mom's legacy to follow. I need a nap!

2 comments:

Highlander said...

Mayber everyone can just go over to Stacey's house:) People always want something for nothing and are the first to complain. But Walmart loves to donate to kids stuff. What are you thinking and I will help you. THEME and stuff?? Give me the down low and I will brain strom with you--you can always count on Laurel and Katie too I bet. Hang in there-- it just goes to prove you love your kid best.

Unknown said...

Amanda! Call me! I will help! I am not the best at planning parties, but I am a good worker! Let me know when the dates are and I will see if I can get someone to watch my kids and I will help with the party set up and clean up and running it with you. I WILL HELP! CALL ME!